• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-Existing Condition?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Firstaidman

What is the name of your state?CA
I have a PPO through my employer, which went into effect on 01/01/2004.

I started seeing a doctor in March of this year and found that I have High BP.

The Dr has put me on medication and sent me to have some blood tests to check my cholesterol and also had me checked for diabetes. My PPO is denying the claim, because they say, since I had no prior insurance that they filed it as a pre-ex condition.

Since I don't have and have never had Diabetes and I never had High BP before this, how can they just say this is pre-existing?

Is there anything i can do legally?

Please help

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your plan document should be able to tell you how to file an appeal. If you can't find it, check with your HR department or whoever runs your benefit plan. Time limits may apply so don't delay.

You may need to enlist your doctor's help. For one thing, it would help to know what it is they are finding in your records that they are claiming shows a pre-existing condition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">