• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Robbed by Nevada Health Link (Xerox) for payment of health insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waterlogd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I paid the Nevada Health Link (Xerox) for health insurance for the month of Feburary, 2014.
They accepted payment, but never paid the insurance carrier.

So all charges for health care appointments made in February 2014 have been reversed -
leaving me on the hook for about $1000 in billings.

I filed a complaint with the State of Nevada Department of Insurance but I get the sense
that they have no teeth and it may take months / years to get my case resolved.

Is there anything else I can do that might be worthwhile to expedite my case ?

I anticipate that physician offices are going to be sending my billings to collection agencies.
Is there anything I can do to keep collection agencies at bay while my case is making
it's way through the Dept. of Insurance ?

Thank you,

Dave

ecmst12

Insurance department complaints are generally taken very seriously. But the only way to prevent being sent to collections would be to pay the bills and let the insurance company eventually reimburse you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">