• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spouse company forcing me to take health insurance from my workplace to be covered???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yjkaries

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Spouses company won't cover me under the health insurance IF I don't enroll in health insurance that I am eligible for at my place of business. We live paycheck to paycheck and since my company is very small and the rate for single coverage is as much as spouse is paying for family coverage a week, I am forced to be without insurance next year because we cannot afford health insurance for all of us....and the kids have to be covered.

How can this be legal? I am not the only spouse I have spoken to (married to colleagues of my spouse) that will be forced to drop insurance because they can't pay 2 health insurance premiums monthly. Is there anything we can do? If I do not take the coverage....they will drop me. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">