• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Therapy not covered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hltfore

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Kentucky
I had aqua therapy prescribed, by my chiropractor, at a local health club which has registered therapists. I had them call my insurance company to see if this procedure was covered. After 2 days, they told me that the procedure would be covered.
However, after I had the therapy and a large bill, my insurance company rejected the claim. They said that aqua therapy was not covered in my policy and that they had told the health club it was not covered. I appealed this claim up to the final level and lost. Now I am stuck with a large bill and am having trouble paying it. Am I liable for this bill?

BlondiePB

hltfore said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Kentucky
I had aqua therapy prescribed, by my chiropractor, at a local health club which has registered therapists. I had them call my insurance company to see if this procedure was covered. After 2 days, they told me that the procedure would be covered.
However, after I had the therapy and a large bill, my insurance company rejected the claim. They said that aqua therapy was not covered in my policy and that they had told the health club it was not covered. I appealed this claim up to the final level and lost. Now I am stuck with a large bill and am having trouble paying it. Am I liable for this bill?
Yes, you are liable for the bill. If your insurance did cover this type of therapy, you would have to have a prescription for it from a M.D. not a chiropractor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">