• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was there a HIPAA violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ColoBob

Colorado

I recently learned that someone in a supervisory role communicated to some the business's constituents that another one of our representatives was being reassigned indefinately due to some marital issues for which counseling was being received.
I don't believe any details of the situation were expressed, but was this a HIPAA violation?

ColoBob

moburkes

Colorado

I recently learned that someone in a supervisory role communicated to some the business's constituents that another one of our representatives was being reassigned indefinately due to some marital issues for which counseling was being received.
I don't believe any details of the situation were expressed, but was this a HIPAA violation?

ColoBob
No, not at all.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
HIPAA is nowhere near as broad as most people think and refers to certain medical information ONLY.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">