• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1 employee gives another employee company pay scale!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bobby22

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

One of office employees accessed the company computer system and he prints out the company pay scale every month to see who makes what, a few days ago he gave field employee a copy of this, he then went out and told everyone he knows what they make and made a few jokes about some guys making more than others..........A few of the guys were ticked that he new this information and called the office to complain.......He was then called in the office and ask did he have this paper, he lied and said he didn't, he eventually confessed and told he received it from the office employee, when the office employee was asked, he said he didn't know what they were talking about and said he hasn't seen a pay scale in over 8 months( I personally know this is a lie), the company then fired the field employee and not the office employee...........My question is: Is this legal?

BelizeBreeze

Bobby22 said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey

One of office employees accessed the company computer system and he prints out the company pay scale every month to see who makes what, a few days ago he gave field employee a copy of this, he then went out and told everyone he knows what they make and made a few jokes about some guys making more than others..........A few of the guys were ticked that he new this information and called the office to complain.......He was then called in the office and ask did he have this paper, he lied and said he didn't, he eventually confessed and told he received it from the office employee, when the office employee was asked, he said he didn't know what they were talking about and said he hasn't seen a pay scale in over 8 months( I personally know this is a lie), the company then fired the field employee and not the office employee...........My question is: Is this legal?
Of course it is.

pattytx

And, not only is it legal, but any employer who didn't fire somebody for this would be exhibiting VERY poor management.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">