• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1 position 2 employees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wileykan

n.c. I recently stepped down from a mngmnt position after 11 years because of advice from my Dr. in an effort to controll my B.P. In 11 yrs I was out for two wks. recently and had never taken a single sick day before this. I agreed to transfer to another location and take an 11-7 shift tues-sat A co-worker works the 9-5 shift m-f. My D.M. now says the 9-5 shift has been eliminated because of payroll concerns. I had talked to the coworker and told her I would be willing to work the 3-11 shift and let her take the 11-7. But now I am told payroll cannot afford me on the 3-11 shift. My immediate supervisor said we (the coworker and I would just have to " fight it out" and the D.M. said we have to "figure out who will keep their job". Aside from being the most unprofessional way to handle this, is the company obligated to offer me another position in another dept.and if not do I have any recourse??

M

mary hartman

Unless your black,and the other person is white or over 40 and the other person is say 25, not much you can do....

I guess its a reduction in force and as long as its evenly applied...

Now if they start advertising for the same job in a couple of weeks...i would get a lawyer fast!

But considering the unprofessionalism of this why not go to the owner, or President of the company. Also this could be a sign the company is in deep doo doo and is going to fail soon.

[Edited by mary hartman on 05-06-2001 at 10:23 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">