• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1099 & Mileage Reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I have been offered a 1099 contract at the company I have volunteered for. It is for a renewable monthly amount, not to exceed that amount each month. As a 1099, I am wondering if I am still allowed to bill for gas mileage reimbursement? Or before I even sign the contract, can I ask for that to be part of the contract? or do I even need to?

Thanks

LdiJ

This is not a legal question. Of course you may ask. They aren't required to accept.
I agree. I will also add that you will need to keep a very good mileage log, because that reimbursement would be included in your 1099 income, and you would need to take a deduction for the mileage on your schedule C.

You will also be able to deduct the mileage on your schedule C, even if they do not reimburse you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">