• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

buddha23

What is the name of your state? Alabama

My employer told me he was going to fire me for going to school part-time. Now that I have with-drawn from school, they are trying to get me to quit. Is there anything I can do?

HomeGuru

buddha23 said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

My employer told me he was going to fire me for going to school part-time. Now that I have with-drawn from school, they are trying to get me to quit. Is there anything I can do?
**A: quit.

B

buddha23

?

The only problem with that is there are no jobs available in this area.

Bigfoot

On what grounds are they interfering with your off duty activities, such as going to school? Has your school time interfered with your regular job duties, i.e., were you falling asleep or doing your homework on their time?

And what methods are they using to try to fire you?

JETX

'On what grounds are they interfering with your off duty activities, such as going to school? Has your school time interfered with your regular job duties, i.e., were you falling asleep or doing your homework on their time?

And what methods are they using to try to fire you?"
*** And what do ANY of those questions have to do with this thread??? Simply, the employer can terminate an employee at any time, part-time school or not, making your questions, and their answers, irrelevant.

"My employer told me he was going to fire me for going to school part-time."
*** Sounds unreasonable, but NOT illegal.

"Now that I have with-drawn from school, they are trying to get me to quit. Is there anything I can do?"
*** Not really. As noted above, your employer can terminate you (and if without 'cause' be liable for possible unemployment compensation) or continue your employment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">