• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 weeks notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NY
Is there any law that says I must give 2 weeks notice before I leave my job? My intention is to turn in resignation at end of day and not return. I realize this will probably cause me to lose unemplyment benefits but job situation really bad.

HomeGuru

095489487 said:
What is the name of your state? NY
Is there any law that says I must give 2 weeks notice before I leave my job? My intention is to turn in resignation at end of day and not return. I realize this will probably cause me to lose unemplyment benefits but job situation really bad.
**A: there is no law. And even if you gave 2 weeks notice, how would that change your UE status?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As HG said, there is no law requiring you to give two weeks notice. However, what will cause you to lose UC benefits is not your failure to give notice, but the fact that you quit at all. UC is only in EXTREMELY rare situations available to employees who quit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">