• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 weeks notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KatieB04

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

Hey, I'm a recent high school graduate. I have been working at the YMCA since last November, but work maybe twice a month and hardly ever see my boss. However, I really like my job and it has been very rewarding. Last month I found a new summer job that I can work 40 hours a week the entire summer. Since the hours are mostly night & weekends (the same as the Y) I really can't hold both jobs. I would like to e-mail (since this is our main means of communication) my boss a note giving my 2 weeks notice, but I want to be sincere. Does anyone have suggestions on how I could word my email?

Thanks in advance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

KatieB04 said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

Hey, I'm a recent high school graduate. I have been working at the YMCA since last November, but work maybe twice a month and hardly ever see my boss. However, I really like my job and it has been very rewarding. Last month I found a new summer job that I can work 40 hours a week the entire summer. Since the hours are mostly night & weekends (the same as the Y) I really can't hold both jobs. I would like to e-mail (since this is our main means of communication) my boss a note giving my 2 weeks notice, but I want to be sincere. Does anyone have suggestions on how I could word my email?

Thanks in advance.

My response:

Here's a very sincere example of your intent to quit your job.

Dear Boss:

I quit.

Love,

Katie

It does the trick very sincerely.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">