• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 QUICK QUESTIONS!... I need your help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dezul

Hello all,

I have a question. It seems I have stumbled upon a rumor. It would seem that I am going to be replaced by some one whom my company believes is going to be a better asset than me.

I think It breaks down like this. I've done nothing wrong, they just believe that this other employee can do my job better. No big deal. I dont mind. In fact I hate my job. But I dont want FIRED on my resume.

My 3 quik questions are:

One) Am I going to be able ask for a non-disclosure aggrement.
So I can make it look like I resigned from my position and
wasn't fired

Two) Can I make them give me letters of reccomendation from my
being as I was fired for this reason

Three) am i elagble for unemployment untill i can find new
employment?

I am willing to sign a non-compete to get all of these. Further more I know alot of company details, but nothing that would get me great leverage. I haven't been told I'm doing a bad job, in fact I haven'thad a performance review since I've been in management.

What should I do here. I think if I poke around I can get some really good info on my company, future development and company secrets and what not. But if used at the negotioan table I'm afraid it might look like I'm trying to blackmale the company.
I have some time here to get things in order. Any and all advice is greatly appreaciated.

Thanks so much in advance.
~Rick.

D

dezul

Would it be a bad idea to use the information I can get to help me get another job and to show my current boss's that I know some company secrets on our techniques and see if they are willing to work with me on some things.

I want to leave the field and pursue other things but I dont want to be set beack any.

I feel they are going to try to make me sign a non-compete aggrement. Is it advisiable to say to them "I'll sign if you meet my 3 requirements"

~Rick

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It would be a very bad idea. Any reputable company would drop you as an applicant like a hot potato if you tried something like that.

They have a right to ask you to sign a non-compete. You do NOT have the right to ask them to lie about why you left. You certainly may ask them for a letter of recommendation but you cannot force them to do so, and trying to blackmail them into doing so is a very, very bad idea. You will almost certainly be eligible for unemployment benefits as it is; it's not their decision to make if you get them or not - it's the State's. But if you try to blackmail them the way you suggest, they very well might protest to the State and you know what? They just might win. So what you will have done is talked yourself out of unemployment.

Being fired is not the kiss of death, especially in the current shaky economy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">