• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30 day work suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MISTBHAVEN

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington
A friend of mine has worked for burgerking for 9 + years.he was just told that he is suspended without pay for 30 days. For failure to follow money handeling procedures. ( no money missing) Can he draw unemployment? Are they trying to get him to quit as I think they are?
This was done by a new district manager he feels does not like him. What can he do ? He has had no prior work proublems.

Beth3

Can he draw unemployment? That's impossible to answer here as it depends on a number of variables. Your friend is free to apply for benefits and see what the State rules.

Are they trying to get him to quit as I think they are? How would anyone here know? Since they were free to fire him if they wanted him gone rather than suspend him, presumably not.

This was done by a new district manager he feels does not like him. "The boss doesn't like me" seems to be the universal excuse when someone has violated a rule or behaved improperly at work and receives some disciplinary action as a result.

What can he do ? Wait out the suspension and return to work or start using the time to look for a new job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">