• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

31 weeks pregnant and facing possible termination...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kksmom04

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I am concerned that I may be facing losing my job because I am 31 weeks pregnant with severe gall stones and I am out of FMLA time. I have documentation for everything. Can my employer legally fire me in this situation?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are out of FMLA time, yes. Once your FMLA expires, the employer has no legal obligation to provide any more medical leave until or unless you re-qualify for FMLA.

The ONLY exception would be if people who are out of FMLA time and need more medical leave for reasons not related to maternity, have been allowed to retain their jobs AND it can be shown that the only logical reason for the difference in treatment is your pregnancy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">