• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

401K MATCHED CONTRIBUTION

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LYNN FLEMING

i work for a company in sc that is closing. i have been with them for 18 months. i enrolled in the company 401k plan when i was eligible. they matched my contribution 100%. now that we are closing and i only have 18 months with the company, i will be forced out of the 401k plan due to my balance. however they are saying i am not entitled to the company matched part of the 401k, because i have less than 5 years with the company. everything i have in writing from when i joined the plan to-date, states that i am 100% vested in company funds as well as my other funds i selected. can they legally keep the matched contribution from me? i am not quitting the company, they are quitting me. we are a world-wide company, and they are just closing our plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">