• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

90-day Trail Period

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PoemGirl16

What is the name of your state? Florida
I was wondering if there is a law in the 90-day period that you cannot get fired if you have doctors notes?
I had an car accident and my doctor is telling me to stay home but I'm worried about loosing my job. I only have until June 7th to be done with the 90-days. The note says needs bed rest and to contact the doctor to discuss my injuries. Due to the injuries he wants me on bedrest.

I'm very worried to give the note to my boss.

Last week I came to work even with a excuse from work and worked 3 hours each day on pain killers and couldn't keep food down but my supervisor was still giving me a hard time.

I need help.

Thank you,
Susanne :(

pattytx

Since you have not been employed long enough to qualify for job protection under the FMLA, in this case, the employer is not legally prohibited from firing you because of your absences, doctor's note or no.

Having said that, it is possible you could compromise by offering to extend your "trial period"? Or, even if they did let you go, could you re-apply when you are better? I know it's difficult without a job, I've been there, but you aren't doing your health any good to continue to work when your doctor says you shouldn't.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">