• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ability to work at another company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lummzy88

What is the name of your state? TX

I currently work as a manager for a company who is a contractor for the local cable company. A few weeks ago I got into a disagreement with an employee of the cable company who is like an liaison between the cable company and the contractors. Well instead of my boss taking my side he told the liaison in an email to "pull my badge because if he fired me I would go to another contractor and all of the techs will follow me". What that means is if I go to another contractor that they will not be able to hire me because the cable company will not give me a badge to work in there system.

I still work for the company but I feel I can no longer work for someone that would prevent and employee from working somewhere else for no real reason.
I plan on leaving the company on good terms but I know that when I do he will find a way to prevent me from working elsewhere because of his fear of loosing all of the employees because they don't care for him and will follow me. Is there something that I can do with this email that I have so that he cant prevent me from making a living?

Last edited:

lummzy88

He is buddy's with upper management at the cable company who authorizes who works for the contractors in there system and he can tell that person not to give me authorization to allow me to work for the other company.

moburkes

He is buddy's with upper management at the cable company who authorizes who works for the contractors in there system and he can tell that person not to give me authorization to allow me to work for the other company.
And, they'd be stupid to listen. I have NEVER not hired someone based on another persons grudge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">