• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

? about effects of permanent or temp status with UC benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rcf

What is the name of your state? PA
If I was hired verbally with the auspice of being a temporary position for a maternity leave and the person did not return on the date given to me initially, can a company change the status at will? I was on UC benefits prior to taking this temp job and when I attempted to re-open my claim, I discovered that the company had my status as permanent which is interfering with my ability to recollect UC benefits, do I have the legal grounds to make the company change their paperwork to reflect the implied verbal agreement? I am part-time with this company and if I quit completely, I will lose my benefits completely. What can I do?

Beth3

I was on UC benefits prior to taking this temp job and when I attempted to re-open my claim, I discovered that the company had my status as permanent which is interfering with my ability to recollect UC benefits, We need to clarify what's taking place here. Are you saying that UC office is objecting to your re-opening your UC claim because your present employer has informed the UC office that you have accepted their offer of a regular part-time job?

Additionally, why are you attempting to reopen your claim at the present?

Your questions aren't making a whole lot of sense. Generally speaking, the UC office doesn't care what your status is with your employer. The fact that you're working AT ALL is the issue and if you are working part-time (regardless of whether you are a temporary or a "permanent" employee) you just report those wages to the UC office and you may be eligible for a partial benefit depending on the reason you first qualified for UC benefits (being laid off, for example.)

Further clarification of the exact issue the UC office is raising would be most helpfu.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">