• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

about non-compete

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blizzardme

What is the name of your state? PA

the non-compete agreement states:
" employee agrees that for a period of two years after termination of employment BY COMPANY for any reason, employee will not render services, directly or indirectly, to any conflicting organization ...."

may i understand this term by this way:

1. if the employer other than I terminates the employment, I can not work for conflicting organization?"

or
2. if I quit the job first, this agreement will have no effect on me?

Beth3

1. That clearly states that if your employment is terminated by the employer, you cannot work for a competing organization.

2. You don't quote any part of the separation agreement that applies if YOU terminate the relationship. It'd be hard to imagine the employer overlooked including that in the agreement but if it's not in there, it's not in there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">