• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The Absent Paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marcman99

I have been working for a new technology company in Florida for just over two years now. Recently the companies finances have taken a turn for the worse. They have a lot of promising investments coming after the New Year. Right now they are having trouble meeting payroll for the last two pay periods of the year. They have informed me that an investor in another state is late with a payment and that I should be getting paid any day now. With Christmas and Rent just around the corner, I am getting very nervous about my money situation. I should have been paid on Friday the 15th of December. I would like to stay on as an employee but I'm not sure that I can trust the company to pull through this. If I leave the company am I entitled to unemployment benefits? What are my options or rights in this situation? I have a family to provide for here in Florida and pay child support in N.Y. State. I am concerned of the impact that this could have on my child support payments also. After all of this clears up am I entitled to reinbursement of expenses such as canceled or bounced checks?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">