• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Absolutelyscrewed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Christaylor

What is the name of your state?WA
June 14 a company I worked for got into me for about 4000 dollars. I'm a tile setter with a family and just couldn't take anymore so I quit.The owners have promised to pay,and have payed 1950 dollars of it,about a month ago,since then I haven't heard nothing from them and they are not returning my calls.I have photo's of the work performed and copies of my hours and photo copies of the checks that were written,which at the bottom of one check it clearly states {still owe a thousand} and the job name. Where do I go from here?

HomeGuru

Christaylor said:
What is the name of your state?WA
June 14 a company I worked for got into me for about 4000 dollars. I'm a tile setter with a family and just couldn't take anymore so I quit.The owners have promised to pay,and have payed 1950 dollars of it,about a month ago,since then I haven't heard nothing from them and they are not returning my calls.I have photo's of the work performed and copies of my hours and photo copies of the checks that were written,which at the bottom of one check it clearly states {still owe a thousand} and the job name. Where do I go from here?

**A: are you an employee of the compnay or an IC? It appears that you are an IC.

Beth3

And are these WAGES that you are owed? If so, you should contact your State's Department of Labor/wage and hour division and file a complaint.

C

Christaylor

I also have signed time sheets from this company to prove I was an employee and they never payed me any overtime or travel time,and I've been as far as colorado for a job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">