• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abusing boss and forced to resign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jcat

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I worked for a company from July 2003 to Jan. 2004 in which the boss constantly berated me in front of other co-workers, never when I was around, but these other co-workers informed me of what she was saying. She would also invite others out to lunch and leave me out and continuously ignored me.

I have a good friend who worked there and was a Vice President at this company. My boss was the Chief Marketing Officer. The CMO didn't like the fact that I was friends with this VP and would even say things to her about me. Eventually, she forced both of us to resign (without calling it a lay-off) claiming that there wasn't enough work for either of us.

She severely affected my self-esteem, ability to do my job and my relations with my co-workers. And I'm wondering if I have any recourse at all. She's still with the company and there have been no other people "layed off" since my friend and I were let go. My friend originally took this to a lawyer because we were also the only two Jewish people under her, but we didn't have enough evidence to support the fact that she was prejudiced.

Just wondering if there are possibilities here.

ENASNI

no

No I am afraid not... good luck job hunting.

Think about how much better life will be with a job with a better boss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">