• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abusing company's disciplinary procedures

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

indepen37

What is the name of your state? Floridaundefined
My supervisor has written me up for alledgedly jumping the chain of command where work related matters are concerned, she also has accused me of being a disruptive influence in the office which is a complete and total lie. On the subject of jumpring the chain of command, I contacted our human resources department to get answers to certain questions I had. Our employee manual states that human resources recommends utilizing the chain of command to get answers to our questions, but it also states that they (HR) can be used as a resource too. It does not state in the manual that we are to contact them as a last resort. Was this person correct in writing me up for allegedly jumping the chain of command when our employee manual clearly states that Human Resources can be contacted? Also, how can I address this person's accusations of being a disruptive influence in the department? I found these allegations to be unethical and did not sign the corrective review. What legal route can I take to address her accusations?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

indepen37 said:
What legal route can I take to address her accusations?

My response:

None.

Nothing you've mentioned is of a "legal" nature. It's all strictly within the company and it's policies. In other words, your remedies, if any, are internal.

IAAL

indepen37

Florida -

IAAL - are you familiar with Florida law and are you a practicing attorney who is licensed to practice labor and employment law in Florida?

pattytx

I don't know whether IAAL is an attorney or not, but you don't have to be an employment law attorney to figure this one out. Years of HR experience, which many of the posters here have, would get the same result.

If you want an attorney to agree with you, go pay for one.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pattytx said:
I don't know whether IAAL is an attorney or not.

My response:

You'd know if you knew how to operate a forum program, like this one. If you knew, you would have known to merely click on my forum name in the upper left side of this response to read the answer to your query.

IAAL

pattytx

Geez Louise, IAAL lighten up. :rolleyes: Not all forum programs have this information. That's the last time I try to defend you. :(

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pattytx said:
Geez Louise, IAAL lighten up. :rolleyes: Not all forum programs have this information. That's the last time I try to defend you. :(

My response:

I was merely attempting to instruct you in the use of this forum program, and to help you to answer your curiosity.

Besides, since when did I ever need a "defense"?

IAAL

pattytx

Everybody needs a defender at some point in their lives, IAAL. Obviously, this is not one of them. :p I just thought the OP was being tacky, at best, and should have been called on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">