• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abusive manager

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

terrypfeff

At the place where I worked for over 5 years, there is someone who is abusive to everyone. She started at the same time I did and I watched her go from someone who said nothing to someone who yells, curses and thinks that she is the only one who knows how to do the job. She walks around saying things like "if I were a man, I would not get treated like this" or "this blonde ***** should just act like they think I am, stupid". She has obvious mental problems, the least of which is anerexia. They promoted her to a manager about 8 weeks ago. She has gotten much worse since she has been promoted. She writes people up for asking a question about how to do the job correctly or not doing it fast enough. I said nothing to her for well over 4 years. She would complain to me all day long and after 4 years of listening to this, I finally had enough. One day I came to work and asked for an ailse to be cleared off and she very rudely replied" We are getting to it." I got angry because I felt like I was being treated without respect(not the first time with this person). I told her to "chill the hell out". She then told me that someone had complained the previous day about me. A charge they could never back up. I then told her after about 10 minutes of discussion to "f**k off". Not something I should have said. the two managers on duty then proceed to berate me for the remainder of the day, about 6 hours. I would do my obedience classes and they would be standing at the end of the aisle waiting for me to get done. As soon as my class let out, they were on me again explaining why the company is customer oriented. They stood at the front of the store as I was getting ready to leave and berated me again for an hour or more. Saying the same thing over and over. When I told them to just let it drop, both managers said that they could not do that until I understood what they meant. I asked them if they thought I was stupid and they said no. I then asked them why they were talking to me like I am. I then left for the day and the company fired me one week later. The manager who started the whole thing is still there. Last week she stood outside of the men's room door and yelled and cussed the store director who was in the bathroom. She does this to him on a daily basis. I have plenty of witnesses who will tell you the same thing. What can I do about her and the store director who lets it go on?

------------------
Terry Pfeffer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">