• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

acceptance application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

awr1001

What is the name of your state?Florida
I was woundering about applications that ask about your having convictions withheld. Do they have the right to ask you this and what if you answer no?

Beth3

Do they have the right to ask you this Yes.

and what if you answer no? That's not a problem as long as "no" is a truthful answer.

awr1001

application

If no is an untruthfull answer but my record was cleared, how would they be able to find out?

Beth3

Because there are records of your arrest and conviction that exist separate from the courthouse where you were convicted. The courthouse is the only location where the record was expunted. The police department who arrested you will have their own record and I expect there may be a record available via the internet as well.

You might want to google your name and see what shows up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">