• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Acceptance Letters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sims

I work for the US Gov't and was offered both verbally and in writing a specific grade and step for my current position. I was overseas and in a special rate GS schedule system and transferred into the General GS schedule system. They are paying me less than what they agreed to and cite some codes and regulations that tell them they couldn't offer me the higher pay (step) because of these guidelines and there's nothing they can do to change it. Doesn't the acceptance letter act as a binding contract?

ALawyer

You may want to ask the local office, in writing, to go to the head of the agency or the chief personnel officer or the agency general counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">