• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Acceptance to Pharmacy School(more qualified still turned down)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hitman00

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania
My name is Matt and I am wondering if I have a case or what I could do. I applied to a Pharmacy school, which had over 2100 applicants for only 120 seats, and was turned down. When I called to ask what I could do next year to better my chance they told me nothing. They informed me the the competive grade point average of the accepted candidates was 3.3 I am above this at at 3.4 +. I also have over a year working in a Pharmacy and doubt that I was unqualified. Can I somehow see a list of the accepted and fight this. Please help

Beth3

You may want to repost your question in the Education Law forum but I don't see any basis to fight their decision. They had 2100 applicants for 120 seats! That's only a one in twenty chance of being admitted.

I'm sure they had to turn down plenty of applicants with GPA's higher than yours. I also doubt a GPA of 3.3 was the only criteria they looked at. I can't imagine that you have any legal right to access the school's records and see the personal information of the applicants they admitted. Had you been admitted and your personal records turned over to the 1,980 candidates they turned away, I imagine you'd be screaming bloody murder.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">