• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accused of drug use w/o proof

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eugeneqmil

david from oklahoma:

i was fired on the spot from my restaurant mgr position on a Friday evening based on allegations of drug use which I was not even informed of at the time of my termination, they removed my things from the office and placed them in my car and told me I no longer had a job, I found out a short time later from a co worker that it was for suspected drug use while on the job, do I have any legal recourse?

JETX

No. Unless you are under a union agreement or contract, the employer is not required to give you a warning or even an explanation. You can file for unemployment though. The employer may challenge your filing, but without some proof of his claim, the challenge will probably not stand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">