• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused of fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

antgete

I was recently terminated from position as a mortgage broker in the state of indiana...indianapolis to be exact. The reason being I was accused of fraud by Associates home lenders. They basically said I whited out a persons credit score on their bureau. When they found this not to be true. They claimed i cut and pasted a new score on the credit bureau which was un-true as well. Mean while asscociates home lenders quit buying paper from the mortgage co. I worked for. And said they would not buy paper from a company who supported fraudulent employees. After 6 months the company i worked for had to let me go due to this. I have proof that i never frauded anything. Such as documentation collected by my employer during this time. I feel i was slandered in this situation. And wondered what type of legal recourse would i have in this unfortunate situation.

JETX

Q: "And wondered what type of legal recourse would i have in this unfortunate situation."
A: Sorry, but I don't see where you have recourse against anyone. If I understand your post correctly, you were working for a mortgage company that was selling 'paper' (on loans) to Associates. Associates took offense to an 'irregularity' that was blamed on you. In order to protect their business with Associates, the mortgage company (your employer) terminated you. This may not be fair, or even reasonable, but I see no legal liability on their part (or Associates).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">