• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused of refusal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tanka46

New York is my State, Fishers Island is my home. I got injured July 6, 2004. Injury Forms were not available that day. Super had them locked up and not available to employees. He (super) lives in different state and leaves early everyday. I returned the next day for forms, and headed to my local Dr. Upon arrival at shop was met by another super who handed me more papers. He knew, in the hearing stated, I was not there for work. Still handed me papers. I had no idea, until to late, they where drug/alcohol testing papers. Terminated due to refusal, with previous sec. 75's. Had 50-h hearing and produced testimony and approx. 90+ papers (letter form), and photos, to prove retaliation. 26.9yrs. and it's personnal. NO evidence, in my opinion, was produced against me, other than (3) supers agreeing I was wrong. Told my next move is to file lawsuit? Is this correct? If so...how do I perform this or find an Attorney who wants to go up against a Township. (municipality) Are there forms needed? etc. etc. etc. LOTS OF QUESTIONS NEED ANSWERS. Thank You!!!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I have read your post three times and I don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about. Fired for refusal to do WHAT?

Beth3

To chg: I'm new to the site and have been told I'm some what idealistic. My apology for rambling. Refusal of taking a Drug/alcohol test, last chance, prior sec.75's

Tanka, please keep your replies all in the same thread.

There is nothing illegal about firing you if you refused your employer's request to take a drug & alcohol test. As for the rest of your post, like cbg, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Tanka46

accused of refusal: Beth3

My apologies to any and all. I'm still learning as I go. I will attempt to provide better next time and/or this time. I did not refuse any test. I was accused of refusal by (3) supers out of retaliation against me for being a wistleblower. There was no evidence provided against me at the hearing other than (3) statements made by the supers. It was what they called last chance. It was what I call "getting rid of the headache, instead of solving the problem." As I stated in my previous post I had gotten injured the day before and injury report sheets where not available that day. I only returned to the shop the next day to retrieve one. (2) of the (3) supers where present that day and I told them that I was taking the day off to see the Dr. My problem lies with the fact I took the papers without looking at them with my mindset to visit the Dr.'s office. The papers could have been a number of things. I have multiple letters into the Town for "harassment, discrimination, unfare practices, doublestandards, breach of contract, to name afew. The papers could have been a reply to any of the above stated. Again stated earlier, I finally did read them but was to late to make appointment. Special circumstances to that; I live on an "Island" and to make the appointment I have to travel by "Ferry boat" to get there which had already left for the morning, appointment at 10:00a.m., next Ferryboat to leave Fishers was 12:00p.m. Oh, by the way, did I mention that I've had approx. (18) prior test "ALL negative." Why would I refuse with so much to lose?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">