• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Acknowledgement of Obligations regarding Intellectual and other Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Former Employee

What is the name of your state? New York

During my exit interview I was required to sign an "Acknowledgement of Obligations of Terminating Employee
Regarding Intellectual and other Property." I asked the HR person if I did not sign what would happen- her response was- you don't want to go there.

I read the letter and signed...

The letter states I cannot disclose Technical/ Mgmt information, Financial, Business and Mkting and other Legal matters. Seemed straight forward.

My friend tells me I should have not signed as the Company should have offered some type of compensation in consideration for my signature. Is he right ? Could I have not signed ?

And- can I get the letter bacK ?

Former Employee-

H

hexeliebe

Tell this "FRIEND" they are full of $hit. and to top it off, they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Even if you did not sign the letter you would not have been offered anything. And, if you had disclosed any propriatary information such as that listed, you could have been sued by the company.

These letters are a normal part of business, especially in the IT field.

Friends like this you really need.:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">