• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Acting posistion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Ironbear

Hello

I have been working as Acting Supervisor of Grounds for 6 years at a community college In Baltimore. Last year the Director of Plant Operations decided to fill this posistion . So the job was posted and open for intveiws I was included and interveiwed after a period of a month or more no selection was made from the candidate pool.
Then comes the second and third interveiw the same results no candidate was picked. But after the third interveiw an ex-employee was called in for a meeting with the Director.
I asked my supervisor what that meeting was about. He did not know. So comes the fourth and final interveiw and the ex- employee now was a candident. And though a comfirmed rumor from the director to other empolyees I find that the ex-employee was awarded this posistion. Nothing offical mind you, So I asked my supervisor if the rumors were true and he said yes they were.And waiting for a start date.
That's the history Okay now after proforming the duties for six years Do I have any case for wrongfull hiring practices?

B

buddy2bear

The sad fact of the matter is that unless you can prove there was discrimination in their hiring practice (race, sex, national origin, gender, etc.), there is no such thing as "wrongful hiring practices." Colleges are a world of their own and closed systems. They protect their own and favortism is practiced freely and without penalty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">