• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Acused Of Stealing Fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MIRVIN1

What is the name of your stateNorth Dakota I have worked for a small business (4 employees plus owner) for 3 years. Today when I arrived at work the employer informed me that I was fired because her auditor said that I had been stealing money from her. I was not. She indicated that the auditor was advising her to "press charges" but if I would "work with her" then she wouldnot, at this I told her that I wouldnot say I was stealing because I wasnot. When we worked atr night we didnot balance the til at the end of the night the employer would do it the next day, and then iit didnot balance she would leave anote saying "girls the till was off $23" for example, now I won't say I/we didnot make mistakes and so I asked her once if there was anyway we could balance the register at night before we left so that if i/we had made a mistake we could just put the money in from our pocket since obviously a mistake had been made. She said no because there were things she did to check to make sure noone was stealing. My question is do I have the right ask to see the proof that they seem to think they have? What do I do? Do I or should I hire a lawyer? I have no idea how much money they are talking about, can they make me pay for this? I am an 18 year old female college student. Is this going to ruin my chances of getting another job? What do I have to put on my resume's? This is so wrong what do I do help!

Beth3

My question is do I have the right ask to see the proof that they seem to think they have? Your employer has no legal obligation to show you anything.

What do I do? Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do. If your employer wishes to fire you for suspicion of stealing, she can.

Do I or should I hire a lawyer? That would be a waste of time and money unless criminal charges are filed.

I have no idea how much money they are talking about, can they make me pay for this? Only if a judge orders you to do so.

I am an 18 year old female college student. Is this going to ruin my chances of getting another job? What do I have to put on my resume's? Resumes do not include reasons for leaving a job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">