• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Admin Cant Remember Discussion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jarv42

MarylandWhat is the name of your state?
I was terminated because of an fmla issue. I was on step 3 in November when I was called into a meeting with my Union Steward and my Admin, I was going to be suspended for 10 days because of fmla paperwork getting in late. In the meeting I was asked if there were anymore outstanding days and there were 2 days also in November. My union steward negotiated that I would not be put on step 4 which would terminate my employment. My steward took notes as did the admin. The admin's last day was the day of my suspension, he seemed to be very busy and not really in tune with our discussion. We had to ask the admin several times about questions about the suspension, i.e.: can the days be split up and if we can include the days in November to keep me from being terminated. He left the room several times to confer with the senior admin, when he returned he said that he could not split up the days however they will include the days in November to prevent termination. Come January I was called into a meeting with the new admin, she was advising me that I was to be terminated because of the days in November. My union steward had lost the notes to the meeting we had in November and the admin in his haste to finish the day did not include the negotiation we had made. The steward asked to see the hand written notes. The admin notes ended when we had asked for the days in November to be included and the suspension to be split up, he never finished his hand written notes. On the official form there was no mention of this negotiation. I was then terminated. I came back 2 days or so later for a meeting with the union and the office manager. He concluded that his admin did not negotiate the days in November to be included and also the split of the days. After the meeting about 3 weeks later my union steward called and advised me that he found the paperwork and he was going to give it to the office manager to review. Now from what I understand he did review the notes from the steward and the office manager also landed a new position in the company and is no longer there. I called the union hall on several occasions to inquire if the president of our division had gone over the notes and my file, I was told that he was on vacation and the vp of the union will call him when she gets back from vacation also. The admin still cannot recall the conversation that we had. I am now waiting on my second level review. Now if I am denied my job on this second review what are my options?

Beth3

Now if I am denied my job on this second review what are my options? To start looking for a new job. The Admin's notes are incomplete and he doesn't now recall the specifics. Your own union steward lost his notes and didn't ensure that the agreement made between the parties was memorialized. It seems to me if you should be upset with anyone, it's your steward. He really dropped the ball.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">