• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

administrative hearing officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aayyzz

I was recently in an administrative hearing and lost the case. Twice, about six months before and seven months after my hearing, the hearing officer was subpended by the government agency for misconduct. The hearing officer was recently fired, I guess for misconduct. She also made untruthful decisions during my administrative hearing. My question is: Can I raise this new issue at the appellate level? Is there a caselaw that can help me based on the hearing officer's proven misconduct?

A

Attorney_Replogle

You can only raise the hearing officer's misconduct and subsequent termination if those things actually occurred in your case. Further, his/her's misconduct would have to be substantial such that an appeallate court would agree that it prevented you from receiving a fair hearing.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">