• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice needed right away!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tamshey

My husband worked for a man installing sprinkler systems for almost 2 seasons. Last month he broke his hand and could go back to work however he couldn't shovel. His boss gave him 6 tank top shirts with the company logo on them. He called and asked for the shirts back and basicly fired him without actually say you're fired. He just said he couldn't hire new help and when my husband gets better fire them for him to come back. His old boss claims to have given my husband 20 shirts when he only got 6. I know this because I am the one that washed,dryed and folded each one of the 6 shirts. He is sueing us for 14 shirts replacement cost of 299.60 plus court cost. My husband never signed anything no paperwork was ever drawn up on who got what and how many. It is just his word against my husbands and mine. Is this a case we can win? What should we do to prepare for small claims court? Can we counter sue for court cost and any work pay missed for having to go to court on a work day? Please help ASAP. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">