• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice Needed: Wrongful Termination and Possibe Racial Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tinz83

I believe I was wrongfully terminated and there was some racial discrimination involved. I was told it was due to my lack of experience but was hired by CEO and CFO for my experience and background. My manager never gave me any expectations nor goals and no notices for areas of improvment. Manager treated me very differently vs. coworker white male. Once while in her office, I saw her looking at nude pictures of coworker on her cell phone and her behavior towards me was rude and bias. I have several examples from HUGE mistakes other employees made but were not fired vs my termination. Also, i have documented proof from CFO that I would receive a bonus which is now being denied. I also contacted HR regarding my W2 and insurance benefits but they have ignored my emails. I want to sue for lost wages and damage to my career. I have several examples of her behavior towards me vs my white coworkera and want to know if I have a case. Please advise. Thank you!

Antigone*

I believe I was wrongfully terminated and there was some racial discrimination involved. I was told it was due to my lack of experience but was hired by CEO and CFO for my experience and background. My manager never gave me any expectations nor goals and no notices for areas of improvment. Manager treated me very differently vs. coworker white male. Once while in her office, I saw her looking at nude pictures of coworker on her cell phone and her behavior towards me was rude and bias. I have several examples from HUGE mistakes other employees made but were not fired vs my termination. Also, i have documented proof from CFO that I would receive a bonus which is now being denied. I also contacted HR regarding my W2 and insurance benefits but they have ignored my emails. I want to sue for lost wages and damage to my career. I have several examples of her behavior towards me vs my white coworkera and want to know if I have a case. Please advise. Thank you!
You're assuming that because this person is white that you were treated differently:confused: You are going to need a whole lot more that what you've posted here. There is nothing here to indicate any type of racial discrimination. The mere fact that you two are different is not nearly enough. Good luck finding an attorney to take your case.

You are better off filing for unemployment, sprucing up your resume and focusing on getting a new job.

commentator

If you so chose, you can file a complaint with EEOC. In the meantime, file a claim for unemployment insurance and spruce up the resume, because even if you were determined to have a good case to sue for discrimination, it would be a long time in the future and you will need to have moved on in some way long before you could do anything related to a discrimination case.

As some others have said here, I don't see there's much genuine discrimination going on here, just a lot of your feeling overlooked and unrewarded. And attributing it to your race or the race of your supervisor, when it may have been a personal thing related to something else entirely, like your job performance, or her relationship with your co worker, or company finances or the weather.

I gather you were terminated for some sort of error you supposedly made. This will be the only issue that would be dealt with in your unemployment case. The actual reason why the company says they terminated you, whether you did this or not, not how you were treated overall.

tinz83

Well there were several issues. For example, I have a medical problem - scoliosis. My manager at one point received a new ergonomic chair and I also requested one. I was told that the only way I would receive a more ergonomic chair even though my medical condition was stated, that I would have to work her hours and do the same job functions as her - her hours are 6am to 9pm. Clearly not office hours.

Another example - I received an email congradulating me that I would be receiving a bonus. I have benefits paperwork stating the bonus is 4% of my salary. That bonus is now being denied even after clear communication that I would be receiving it.

I have several examples, just didn't have enough space to state them all. I just wanted to know if I had any means of claiming justice for lost wages. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">