• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aerogirl

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Alabama

I was wondering if anyone could offer advice as to handle this problem.
My husband has owned a small business for over 20 yrs. we have an excellent name around town and many people know us. with our business, we only need one employee to help. anyways DH recently had to fire his only employee because he has been warned that if he doesn't come to work or call, he will be fired. someone has to be dependable. you can't do this work by yourself. I think you get the picture.
The fired help has not given us any problem, but his GIRLFRIEND has. she has written nasty e-mails saying awefull horrible lies about things my husband. she said my DH picked up prostitutes, does drugs and other things. she is not on the job at any time and cannot verify any of it. all of which I know are lies. my DH and I are happily married almost 30 yrs and are Christian folk. I know it is all lies, so that part I'm not worried about. she has a reputation for being trouble. her own parents will not talk to her she is that bad. she has written things to us in e-mails that sound like she is capable of doing anything. she doesn't make any threats, but you feel threatened by how she said things. it has been told, that she pulls knives on people, and even cuts herself. she is just a girlfriend of this helper mad because the $$ has been cut off.
We think she is capable of doing anything. DH is constantly worried his equiptment will be messed with at night, or if she will set our home on fire or kidnap our pets or slander our names with outrageous lies.
what would you suggest we do? should we inform the authorities that we "think" something could happen with this girl? how can we get her off our backs? any advice would be appreciated. thank you!

Renee3

Suggestion

You asked for suggestions as to what you could do. I suggest you install burglar alarms on your home and the facility where you store your equipment overnight.

Make sure the outside area is fenced off and well-lighted. Maybe get a guard dog.

If you are really concerned that this girlfriend could cause a break-in or sabotage some equipment, you might even consider installing security cameras.

Many crimes like this are "crimes of opportunity". If you make it hard for her, you have a better chance of preventing the crime.

This is just my opinion - perhaps others on this forum will have a different viewpoint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">