• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Affair with Coworker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HollyGoLightly1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

Spouse has been having affair with coworker for over 1 year. Spouse works for public entity and has union contract - don't believe affair partner is under any type of contract. Both have used work time and work place resources to conduct affair. I have proof. I do not want my spouse fired but feel that the only way affair will end is if I call boss. Believe boss may already know but hasn't done anything about it.

What is probability he'd be fired?

justalayman

absolutely no clue. Since it is up to the boss and the union contract, there is no way for anybody here to actually give you any direction on that.

I do not want my spouse fired but feel that the only way affair will end is if I call boss
I don't really see how that would stop it, especially if he already knows. Rather than making a public issue out of this, I believe it is something you and your husband need to deal with in a relatively private manner. Unless you are vindictive (which is not an attractive attribute), you should either work it out with him or plan on moving on. Either way, it would probably be better if he retained his job either to support you if you remain married or for him to pay child support (if applicable) or spousal support (if applicable) or be able to facilitate splitting of the assets.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

Spouse has been having affair with coworker for over 1 year. Spouse works for public entity and has union contract - don't believe affair partner is under any type of contract. Both have used work time and work place resources to conduct affair. I have proof. I do not want my spouse fired but feel that the only way affair will end is if I call boss. Believe boss may already know but hasn't done anything about it.

What makes you think the affair would be ended?

pattytx

I have worked in government, and I can tell you that governments, in general, are VERY conservative when it comes to dipping your pen in the company inkwell. It's a matter of public perception and avoiding even the perception of a conflict of interest.

Beth3

Nobody other than your husband's employer would have a clue. Nor is getting your husband fired any guarantee that the affair would end.

Seems like confronting the issue directly and getting some marriage counseling is a better option than trying to get your husband fired. I don't see how adding financial distress to an already serious marital problem is going to do anything to improve the situation.

Proserpina

Additionally...getting the husband into trouble at work might ruin any chance at saving the marriage and send him running off into his lady's arms.

If you cannot deal with your man by yourself then why involve other people?

Either get him to stop; leave him; accept his ways. Those are your 3 choices that I see...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">