• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

affair leads to firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pltes

In NJ, can I be fired after having an affair with my boss simply because his wife is suspicious? I am an excellent worker & excel at my job.

Just Blue

In NJ, can I be fired after having an affair with my boss simply because his wife is suspicious? I am an excellent worker & excel at my job.
Boffing the boss and getting caught is not a protected catorgory...so yes, you can be legally fired.

Proserpina

You can be fired for wearing a blouse which his wife thinks is ugly or inappropriate. You can be fired if his wife decides your hair color is wrong.
You can be fired for having an affair with the Boss' wife, the Boss or the Boss' parents.

Unless you are fired solely for you being a protected class, Boss did nothing illegal.

(tacky? yes. But then his wife would probably argue that the affair was tacky too - whether she's right or wrong, it's still not illegal).

Antigone*

You may have been an excellent worker, who knows you could have been an excellent lay too. Still doesn't make it an illegal firing.

We know who wears the pants in that marriage, don't we. :D

Beth3

I think your latter statement has to be tempered by the very poor judgment you demonstrated in having an affair with the boss. (That said, his judgment was even worse.) Yes, you can be lawfully fired for this reason.

Alex23

Aren't we lucky that we live in a country where shtupping the boss doesn't lead to permanent guaranteed employment.

Andy0192

If sleeping with the boss doesn't guarantee you a paycheck, you KNOW the economy must be bad.

The good news is, you've developed a life skill that can easily transfer to any street corner & create a steady cash income!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">