• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Afraid of Being Fired, Boss Breaking MANY Laws, I Know Too Much

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heroman

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I'm afraid of losing my job because of my knowledge of the practices that go on in my workplace. My boss hires and houses many illegal immigrants from different counties around the world, frauds thousands of dollars in tax money, and does other things that I have recently become aware of.

I don't know what I should do, but I am afraid of losing my job being a "threat" to the business. I am a US citizen, and a college student, and I work hard. I need my job.

Any advice?

Last edited:

ecmst12

You always have the option to do nothing. Or you can get another job and then report your current employer. They can fire you whenever they want for almost any reason, and it doesn't sound like it's a great company to be working for anyway, so looking for a new job would definitely be high on my priority list, if I were in your situation.

Some Random Guy

Begin your job search immediately. As a college student, you should not be expecting long term employment with this company.

Document all that you know about the illegal activities. This includes the employee names, their home countries, the locations of the housing they are provided and their pay rates and any other odcumentation of the crimes and their actual status.

If ICE catches on to the crime before you find another job, you will have a big file to give them and may get a pat on the back instead of some shiny new bracelets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">