• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Afraid to quit my job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CSMastro

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Ohio

I am a licensed insurance agent here in Ohio and work for a small insurance agency, in which I am the only employee other than the owner and his wife.

I'm afraid if I quit my job my current employers will do something harmful to me...not necessarily in a physical way, but I'm afraid of defamation, lawsuit, etc.

I know I've done things that are inappropriate for an insurance agent to do....not intentionally.

I had no prior experience in the business, and came here after being laid off.

Shortly after my hiring (I was not licensed yet) the bosses left me in the office with no way to contact them. This continues to happen. I often get questions I can't answer, fill out paperwork incorrectly, and fail to call customers back due to not being able to obtain information from my boss.

Without knowing it I had been doing things illegally, and now that I know that were asking me to do illegal things, not to mention that the work conditions are not the type that I would like to continue working in.....I want to quit.

I'm scared of legal recourse.

Can I be charged with these illegal things even though I didn't know I was doing them wrong?

What if my boss tells them I did know what I was doing just because he's angry with me for quitting?

I've been hanging on the last 3 months to this job out of fear, and nothing else.

I want to quit badly, but I"m to afraid of legal bills I cannot pay.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you,
Christine

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">