• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

after maternity permanent layoff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rannico

hi i was laid off 3 weeks b4 i was suppose to go on maternity leave,my employer offered to lay me off instead of maternity leave as he said i would make more money .well i said ok cus i knew i would need the money,well 2 weeks b4i was to go back to work he sends me a letter sayin that i was indefinately laid off due to lack of work,and that i should feel free to seek other employment,which made me mad as i trained the girl to temporarily take my place and now they are keepin her on and im out of a job and benefits,is there any legal action i can take against him for wrnful termination,or to get sokme kind of benefits.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Although I can think of situations in which this would be legal, the specifics in your case sound fishy to me. I suggest you contact the EEOC about a potential pregnancy discrimination case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">