• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Agency "pulled me form a job"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas

I work for a IT contracting employment agency. The company wins contracts and they put together a team to send them to complete the contract. The agency called me and begged me to take this job at a location I have worked at before. They asked me if 8 am - 5 pm m-f was an ok work schedule and I agreed which is their SOP. My last job at this location we would usually get between 30-40 hours a week. However, in two weeks of this job I only got a totally of 6 hours the first week and 11 hours the second week. I asked agency about getting a work schedule so I wouldn't be day to day wondering if I was going to work or at least better communication about how many hours I would work. The on site management would keep telling the team promises of working "full days" constantly. After I asked the agency, they "pulled me off the job" and told me I would collect my pay check when it comes in and turn in my security badges, and they haven't called me for any more work.

My question, Is it illegal for them to pull me off the job for asking about hours because I took the job assuming it was full-time, or was it just unethical?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

pattytx

Sure it is. Unless you had a bona fide, enforceable contract guaranteeing you a certain number of hours, which I seriously doubt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">