• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

almost slavery!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zhivago

Here' our problem; there are 3 of us involved.
We work for a company that refuses to pay an equitable rate of pay for the service we perform. The national average is much higher and the comeback is "If you want to live here (Montana) that's the price you pay. If you don't like it, leave!! Well, no big problem. Three of us want to leave and go to another company and do the same job for a much higher rate of pay. We have told our employer as much. To our faces they say "beat it" and "go ahead and go, don't let the door hit you in the ___". The real problem
starts there; the same people that told us to leave and don't come back, go off in their corner offices and phone the place where we want to go to work and beg and plead them not to take any more of their people because they would have to fold up shop. Bottom line is, we don't want to stay for this wage, but the place where we want to go
to work isn't taking anybody else from here because they have bought into this companies complaints of foul play.
Something has to be wrong with this scenario and I feel like a slave.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Really no valid legal cause of actio here. Either negotiate again with them for the higher pay or make them believe you will have them fold up shop because no one will tolerate working for such a low wage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">