• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I being paid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qabala

What is the name of your state? California

An incident occurred at work on Friday that resulted in me being told not to return to work until further notice. I have not been told if I'm still being paid (I'm on a monthly salary), if I still am receiving benefits, or if I'm going to be fired. It has now been four days and I have asked point blank whether or not I'm being paid or receiving benefits and have been told by my supervisor that HR hasn't determined that and won't until they finish an investigation.

Are there any laws regarding my situation?

Shouldn't I know whether or not I'm being paid?

Tony

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? California

An incident occurred at work on Friday that resulted in me being told not to return to work until further notice. I have not been told if I'm still being paid (I'm on a monthly salary), if I still am receiving benefits, or if I'm going to be fired. It has now been four days and I have asked point blank whether or not I'm being paid or receiving benefits and have been told by my supervisor that HR hasn't determined that and won't until they finish an investigation.

Are there any laws regarding my situation?

Shouldn't I know whether or not I'm being paid?

Tony

They can suspend you with out pay, it is legal.

qabala

But...

Yes, I know they can suspend me without pay, but shouldn't I be told I'm not being paid when I ask?

Tony

Just Blue

Yes, I know they can suspend me without pay, but shouldn't I be told I'm not being paid when I ask?

Tony
Perhaps they want to investigate the cause of the suspension before they decide if they will pay or not....Who knows?...Why did they send you home??

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no law that requires them to tell you whether or not you will be paid before they are finished with the investigation. There is no law that requires them to DECIDE whether you will be paid or not, before they finish with the investigation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">