• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I eligibe for UC?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Clancy's Friend

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin. I worked for a co. for 2 months. On my last day of work (Aug. 10 2004) The floor mgr. told me we were slow on production and when I was done for the day that the operations mgr. would like to speak to me. When I spoke to him he said he was laying me off for the rest of the week (this was on a tues.). He told me to call him on Mon. When I stopped in the following Fri. to pick up my check he said that during the last 3 days that I was layed- off he tried someone else out in my position and decided to hire them instead. This came as quite a shock because the whole time I was working there they told me I was doing an excellent job and that they were even training me to be lead-person for second shift. I always thought you had to work at a place for 19 weeks before you were eligible for UC, but given the fact that they layed me off would I still be eligible?

Beth3

I always thought you had to work at a place for 19 weeks before you were eligible for UC That's not true in Wisconsin. You must have worked a minimum number of weeks and earned a minimum amount of wages over the prior four quarters (among all your employers) in order to qualify for UC benefits. You should apply for unemployment with the DWD; you have nothing to lose by doing so. They'll determine if you're eligible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">