• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I entitled to accrued vacation pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TAMARA41

What is the name of your state?Arkansas
I had worked two months past the anniversary of my hire date. My question is: am I entitled to the accrued vacation pay for those hours I worked?

pattytx

There is no requirement for an employer to offer vacation benefits at all, and I could not find anything in the Arkansas labor law that entitles you to partial accrued vacation as you mention. Our guru-of-all-state-laws will be along soon and can correct me if I'm wrong.

What does the company policy say? Are you considering resigning and looking for information about pay for your accrued vacation?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Patty is correct, not that that's any big surprise.:)

Nothing in Arkansas state law requires that your employer pay out any earned but unused vacation time. It's entirely up to company policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">