• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am i entitled to compensation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BabyBentley

the situation starts 2 years ago. I was seeing a guy in Orlando, FL and was driving back and forth to see him from Melbourne. He started a new job 2 years ago in March with a fitness magazine company. He asked me for help getting things typed up and ready for the deadlines that had to be met. His employer asked him to hire 3 graphic designers to help even out the load he had, so he hired 3 of his former coworkers from his previous employer. The workload was still heavy. His boss then asked him to find someone to do minor typing and page layouts. after his boss left the room he asked me to do it. i said sure as long as i get paid. he told me he would talk to his boss and i would get paid.
a few weeks passed and i hadn't gotten paid. i asked him if he had told his boss that he had "hired" me for that position. he said no and then reassured me he would talk to him about it soon. soon never came. i asked him several times to let his boss know. a few months passed and he decided he no longer wanted to see me anymore, romantically, and he told me not to come back to help them with their work, that he felt uncomfortable around me. and i asked nim again, when was i going to get paid. he told me i had to take it up with his boss. i told his boss that he had asked me to talk with him about getting paid. his boss told me to call back later, that he had to talk with his colleagues and he would have a decision the following week. i called the next week, they had decided not to pay me because i was involved with the guy and he told them he had not made any agreements to pay me for the work.

so here i stand, 6 - 7 months of my life wasted working for this company, on top of working at my regular full time job. i drove an hour each way to get there and get home, and worked for them from 7pm to 1or 3am plus all day on the weekends. is there anyway that i can be compensated for working for them, or am i just out of luck on this?

L

loku

Pay for services

There are some issues here but it boils down to the agreement you had. If a reasonable person in your position would have believed that he was guaranteeing your pay, then he is probably liable to you for the value of your services. If a reasonable person would have believed that he promised to talk to the boss about it, but did not guarantee the pay, then you probably have a case against him for breach of contract in that he promised to talk to the boss and he did not. In that case, you would be entitled to what you would have gotten if he had performed the contract.

B

BabyBentley

how would i go about trying to get the compensation i believe i am entitled to? what kind of proof do i need that the agreement was made? there were witnesses present when my ex asked me to perform the work, and his boss constantly asked me for my help, although nothing was mention to the boss about the circumstances around the agreement (because my ex said he would talk to him when they weren't so busy with deadlines). who would i have to ask for compensation, my ex or his boss? what would i classify my work as, independant contractor or sub-employee to my ex? any help with my questions is greatfully appreciated.

if this sounds redundant to my first post, it is because i am trying to sort out all the options and make an educated decision on what my actions will be.

M

mary hartman

Baby bentley are YOUVE BEEN REDNECKED !!!!!!!

Hoping on a wish and a prayer,for CASH...but nothing in writing...

Plus You were seeing a man.....was it good sex ?

Then you got paid!

Oh he was married!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">