• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I even under contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

standard_id

Hi, all:

Thanks to divgradcurl for the response regarding the enforceability of a non-solicit. I'm looking into finding a local knowledgeable employment attorney in the state of California.

A new question: I've been reviewing my files and it turns out that while I signed the employment contract, I never actually sent it back to my employer. I did, however, fax back the signature page -- as a result, they only possess a facsimile of the signature page, and not the preceding pages that state the actual terms of the contract. And, there had been some iterations of the contract before the one I signed, so there's no way to really show WHICH contract that single signed page is associated with.

I did sign some later attachments and amendments to the contract (relating to changes in compensation and hours).

So, I realize that this is a desperate and unlikely question here, but if the employer doesn't actually have a copy of the original contract that I signed -- just a facsimile of my signature on a page that could be associated with ANY kind of contract -- the material parts of the contract are not on the page -- is there any chance at all that I am not bound by the contract?

I'm guessing that because I signed further documents referring to the original that I probably am in fact bound by the terms of the contract by default or osmething, even though I never signed and returned for their files a full, original version of the contract with both the original signatures of me and employer.

But it certainly seemed to be worth asking.

Thanks,
standard_id

K

krispenstpeter

You would have better luck growing wings than trying to float that balloon.

JETX

Obviously, the ONLY way your concerns can be answered factually would be to take the documents in question to a local attorney and have him/her review ALL the facts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">